Barnstable County Registry of Deeds Online Search
The Barnstable Registry of Deeds records can now be searched online. Once completed, the database will extend back to 1703, although that date is a bit misleading due to an event that occurred nearly 180 years ago.
On Oct. 22, 1827 a fire consumed the Barnstable County Court House, which stored the 93 books of the Registry of Deeds. Only one volume, Book 61 covering roughly the year of 1806, was saved. The records that do exist for dates prior to 1827 were re-created by recopying deeds and assembling paperwork held by families and attorneys.
We give the public full access to the same records available to anyone using the computer search screens at the Registry of Deeds building in Barnstable Village. We have made available to you the following:
Recorded Land indexes and images from 1940 to the present (complete).
Recorded Land Plan indexes and images (complete).
*Land Court name index (incomplete, see the caveat at the bottom of the Land Court by Name search result page), Land Court Document images from 1899 to the present.
How to use the deed/title search functions:
Since there seems to be much confusion about how to search the records, here are a few tips:
1. You have to use the Internet Explorer browser to view the search page and search for records.
2. In the left pane (it is a framed webpage) look for the “Free Access” link and click on it.
3. Then look for the “Click here to Search Public Records” link and click on it.
4. You made it in and can run the following queries:
Recorded Land by Name
Recorded Land by Book & Page
Recorded Land by Year & Inst #
Recorded Land by Entry Date
All Land Docs by Address
Land Court by Name
Land Court by Document #
Land Court by Certificate #
Land Court by Entry Date
Recorded Land Plans by Name
Recorded Land Plans by Book-Page
Land Court Plans by Plan #
5. The site uses popups to display the documents, so you will need to turn off any popup blockers you may have installed.
Click Here to get started. Good luck!
leave a comment
Related Posts: are tagged with real estate, history, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, title search
- Cape Cod Home Improvement Services
- Pride of Provincetown
- Pilgrim Bill of Fare
- Rainy Day on Cape Cod: What to do?
<< Fogs, Storms, and Tossing Billows | Cape Cod Foreclosure Rate Way Up >>
Leave a Comment:
Read More About Cape Cod